Natalie's Birthday - Part 3: Cake Smash and Gifts

Natalie's First Birthday - Part 1
Natalie's First Birthday - Part 2

Now on to Part 3! After we showed the slideshow, it was time for Natalie's cake smash time! I didn't want her brand new first birthday tutu to get dirty, so I stripped her down to her diaper and put her in the high chair:
Natalie's Smash Cake
Natalie was pretty confused and unimpressed with everyone singing to her. Chris and I blew out the candle for her, and then she just stared at the cake for a good, long while.

She enjoyed her first taste of chocolate, and ate a little bit, but was pretty spent and tired of all the attention after a few minutes. I ran her upstairs, threw her into the tub, quickly rinsed her off and got her right into her pj's with a brand new pink tutu that she got as a gift at her baptism.

Natalie opened one gift, but I didn't want her to have to open every single gift in front of everyone. In hindsight, maybe I should have - because it is pretty funny to watch her rip open gifts. But I was afraid it would take forever, and I was afraid she would get overwhelmed by everyone crowding around her (who am I kidding? This kid loves the attention...) So, we waited to open the rest of the gifts until after everyone left:

Natalie's friends, the neighbor girls, stopped over for cake and to play with Natalie at this point. Natalie LOVES these girls, and they dote on her so much. It really melts my heart to see all of them together. I am very lucky to have some great babysitters so close-by in a few years.
Natalie's Thank You was ordered from Party Invites and More on Etsy

And that was Natalie's First Birthday Party - Can't wait to see what's in store for her next year!

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's been such a pleasure reminiscing about Natalie's birthday. I had forgotten how funny she was with the cake smashing and opening her presents. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating on not having Jeanette open her gifts at the party. It just seems like a lot and at Christmas she opened one and then didn't care about anything else. I'm anxious to see how she does with the smash cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea - I'm still torn on whether or not I should have had her open all of them. Maybe see how the day goes and if people want to see her open them or not?

      Delete
  3. Those cake pictures are just too funny! It doesn't look like it took her long to jump right in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...but I did have to coax her and I basically had to take her hand and smash it in the cake to get her started!

      Delete
  4. That smash cake is so cute, and I love the pink tutu! Looks like your adorable little girl had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've begun to really love this whole tutu thing - I worried about it being too "girly girl"/embracing a culture I'm not sure I want to begin with Natalie - but I figured she's 1 - dressing her in a tutu is not going to do too much psychological damage, haha!

      Delete
  5. I love all her rolls, lol. What a fast year that was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me about it!! I was told once she started walking her rolls would go away - buuuttt they are still going strong. Looks like she takes after her mama! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me some lovin' and thanks for stopping by!

You may also like: